When you first receive the Wireless GO II, while you can use the units out of the box, we'd suggest a couple of things to perform with the kit before using it for recording to maximize the potential of the Wireless GO II.
Make sure you update the firmware of each Wireless GO II receiver and transmitter (RX and TX) using the RØDE Central desktop app on a Mac or PC.
- This ensures that the latest features and updates are applied to each of the units.
- For more information about how to update the Wireless GO II firmware, please see our article here: How to perform a firmware Update with the Wireless GO II
Ensure you've enabled onboard recordings on each Transmitter as this creates a backup recording on the internal memory.
- This is useful feature allows you to have a backup recording if something happens to the audio from the RX in your audio device.
- For more information about how to enable onboard recordings on the Wireless GO II transmitter, please see our article here: How to enable On-Board recordings on the Wireless GO II TX
If you want to use the Wireless GO II with an iPhone (with a lightning port) as a microphone, you'll need to use an MFI (Made for iOS) SC15, SC19, or SC21 USB cable to connect the receiver directly to the iPhone with a lightning port.
- For more information about MFI USB cables with the Wireless GO II, please see our article here: Why is a MFI-certified USB cable needed to connect my microphone to an iPhone?
For more information on how to use and explore the Wireless GO II, please see our Wireless GO II User Guide