If you need additional analogue inputs from the RØDECaster series units, it is possible to connect multiple RØDECaster Duo, RØDECaster Pro II or RØDECaster Pro units to a computer. This allows you to utilize up to 8 analogue inputs from the RØDECaster series units while recording in Multitrack mode. This feature is particularly useful for musicians looking to capture live performances or podcast hosts who have more than 4 in-person guests.
This process is compatible with any combination of RØDECaster Pro Series products. In this example, we will be using Reaper DAW software with the RØDECaster Pro and RØDECaster Pro II.
For Windows users, follow these steps:
- Begin by downloading the ASIO4ALL driver for your digital audio workstation (DAW) from here.
- Set both RØDECaster Pro units to multitrack recording mode.
- Open your DAW preferences and navigate to the ASIO driver section.
- Choose 'ASIO4All v2' as the selected driver.
- Access the 'ASIO configuration' settings.
- Enable both RØDECaster Pro units within the ASIO4ALL settings.
- Make sure to disable any other active audio inputs and outputs by pressing the power button icon.
Close the ASIO4ALL window.
- Set the inputs as follows:
- First: 1: Pro Multichannel
- Last 30: Pro II Main Multichannel 16
- This configuration allows access to every track between the RØDECaster Series units.
- Close the preferences window.
- Create a new audio track in your DAW.
- Click on the input selection, and you will be able to see every available track from both RØDECaster Series units.
By following these steps, you can expand your analogue input options and take full advantage of the capabilities offered by the RØDECaster Pro series units during your recordings.