Windows has a default setting which automatically suspends USB devices if they aren’t being used. This is to help save power, however, it may cause problems with the AI-1.
Firstly make sure your AI-1 has the latest firmware, you can use the update tool on our product page here.
Any USB devices will use more power if this feature is disabled, but if there is a problem with an AI-1 is powering off seemingly randomly, then this may be a solution.
This setting is part of the power plan options on Windows. Whether using Windows 7, 10, or 11, it will need to be changed from the Control Panel’s power plan window:
- Navigate to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Power Options to find these settings.
- Click “Change Plan Settings”
- Click the “Change advanced power settings” link here to open the advanced settings window.
- Scroll down and locate the “USB settings” option in the list of advanced power settings. Expand this section and set “USB selective suspend setting” to “Disabled”.
- Click “OK” to save the settings. From now on, Windows won’t automatically suspend any connected USB devices.
If you're still having issue with the product, please reach out to our Service Team contact page for further assistance.