To update the VideoMic ME-L using the RØDE Reporter app on iOS devices, follow these steps:
- Make sure you have the latest version of RØDE Reporter app installed on your iOS device. You can download it from the App Store here.
- Connect your VideoMic ME-L directly to your iOS device. Make sure a phone case isn't impeding the lightning connection to your device.
- Launch the RØDE Reporter app on your iOS device.
- Once the app is open, head to 'Settings' then press 'Configure' and here you'll be prompted to update the firmware
- Follow the on-screen instructions to proceed with the firmware update.
- During the firmware update process, it's important to keep your iOS device and the VideoMic ME-L connected and avoid interrupting the update. Also, make sure your device has sufficient battery life (above 20%) before attempting the firmware update.
- Wait for the firmware update to complete. The app will provide updates on the progress, and it may take a few minutes to finish.
Once the update has been completed, your VideoMic ME-L is now up to date with the latest firmware.