When encountering an error message during the initiation of RØDE Central following the connection of the Wireless Transmitter (TX) to your computer, specifically the message stating, "There was an error mounting mass storage." Please consider the following points to potentially resolve the error:
- Firstly, ensure that you are utilizing the most up-to-date version of RØDE Central on your computer. The latest firmware can be downloaded here.
- Try to connect the Wireless TX unit directly to your computer, circumventing any USB hubs, which could impede the establishment of a seamless communication link between the computer and the Wireless TX.
- A potential issue could be other software. close down any other app or software that's running in the background and reopen the RØDE Central app.
- For users operating Windows 10/11 computers, try opening the RØDE Central application with administrative privileges by selecting the "Run as Administrator" option. Additionally, experiment with initiating the Windows computer in Safe Mode.
- As part of the troubleshooting process, if possible, test the connectivity of the Wireless TX with RØDE Central on an alternative computer system to determine if the error persists.
Employing these sequential steps should facilitate the successful connection of your Wireless TX to RØDE Central.
If you're still having issue with the product, please reach out to our Service Team contact page for further assistance.