If you need additional analogue inputs from the RØDECaster Pro series units, it is possible to connect multiple RØDECaster Duo, RØDECaster Pro II or RØDECaster Pro units to a computer. This allows you to utilize up to 8 analogue inputs from the RØDECaster series units while recording in Multitrack mode. This feature is particularly useful for musicians looking to capture live performances or podcast hosts who have more than 4 in-person guests.
This process is compatible with any combination of RØDECaster Series products. In this example, we will be using Logic DAW software with the RØDECaster Pro and RØDECaster Pro II.
For Mac users, follow these steps:
- Set both RØDECaster series units to multitrack recording mode first.
- Open up 'Audio MIDI setup' app on your Mac.
- Press the '+' symbol on the bottom left of the screen.
- Click on 'Create Aggregate Device'.
- Select both of the RØDECaster Pro Series products under the 'Use' column.
- Tick 'Drift correction' on each unit
- Open your DAW and make sure your input is set to 'Aggregate Device'.
- Create a new audio track in your DAW.
- Click on the input selection, and you will be able to see every available track from both RØDECaster Series units.
By following these steps, you can expand your analogue input options and take full advantage of the capabilities offered by the RØDECaster Pro series units during your recordings.