No, whilst these power supplies do not require phantom power, they are built to cope with being fed phantom power and this will not damage the equipment. It is however advised that where possible, to turn off phantom power when not in use.
Articles in this section
- Where can I buy replacement tubes for my RØDE microphone?
- Can I purchase the power supply for my mic separately?
- What is 'microphonics' in a tube?
- How would changing the tube in my RØDE microphone change the characteristics of my microphone?
- Are NOS (New Old Stock) tubes better than current production?
- What tubes do you use in your microphones?
- Is the 7-pin cable between the PSU and the K2/NTK mic a standard cable or is it unique to RØDE?
- Will phantom power damage my microphone power supply unit (PSU)?
- Can I change the valve in my microphone myself?